Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bending the Rules



I was going to blog today. I promised to do so at least once a week. But I just wrote my way through the darkest part of my novel--a story that’s turned out to be deeper, more textured and, dare I say, more transcendent than I originally envisioned.   All I want to do is take a breather and enjoy the gorgeous weather.  Winter will be here in the blink of an elephant's eye, as one of my characters would say.

The bottom line? No blogging this afternoon. Maybe even no blogging this week. I have a speech to rehearse for Wednesday and will be on the road Thursday through next Monday, which means I may or may not have time to do another post until the week of the 29th.

So right now I’m going to get off the computer.  Yup, I really am.  Then I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day, making sure to laugh at least once, hopefully several times.   (That's what my mom and I are doing in the photo above.) 

And if my example inspires you to find a way to bend your own rules--well, that's even better.  To defy gravity, ya gotta stay light!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes you did blog. You shares of yourself. And you deserve a break today. (-:
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this, Prill! I think at times we can get "addicted" to our electronics. At times I find myself craving to get away from it all... and then giving myself permission to do and knowing it will all be waiting when I return. So, I say bend the rules, breath, soak in the sun, giggle, embrace life... and no doubt that will only enhance your life and all you are!!
    Woo hoo!!

    Barbara Techel
    Author & Proud Mom of Frankie, the Walk 'N Roll Dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I took a break and loved every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete