Saturday, January 24, 2009

79-Year Old Gets GED

Whoops. I forgot to include a video of the segment that inspired the comment I mentioned in the previous post. Keep in mind that the subject of the piece dropped out of school after seventh grade.



From the CBS Evening News With Katie Couric:

"If you have any doubt you can achieve anything you set your mind to, ask 79-year-old Randy Wilt about his latest achievement. Wilt passed the GED after 6 years of studying. Steve Hartman reports."

Note: If you don't want to watch the video of Hartman's report, click here to read a summary of the segment.

3 comments:

  1. That's an inspring story - proving one is never too old to accomplish anything!

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. It took me 17 years to get my undergraduate degree. That was hard. One can only imagine the determination it would take to do something academic at 79.

    Best,
    Carolyn
    www.howtodoitfrugally.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories like this one. I also like what you said in the previous post about realism.

    ReplyDelete