Friday, August 29, 2008

Although I have strong feelings about politics, I generally keep my thoughts to myself. For the past sixteen years I've preferred to steer clear of the nastiness. Plus, I haven't wanted to distract anyone from listening to my message about embracing possibility. But what an exciting Presidential race. (I'm as eager to watch the Republicans next week as I was to watch the Democrats.) As America's first biracial nominee, Barack Obama's candidacy exemplifies the theme of this blog: Think it's too late to make a change? Think again!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:06 PM

    what an amazing speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. For the first time in at least a decade, I woke up this morning proud to be an American-- proud, that is, to live in a country where a man like Barack Obama can become a major party's Presidential nominee.

    ReplyDelete