Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Choice


This morning I'm off to Cuttyhunk, a small island seven miles off the coast of Martha's Vineyard. My fifth major trip this summer. I know it seems like I have a wonderful life, and I do. But I'm exhausted. I have to remind myself that these trips are my choice and that I've had a good reason for each. Sometimes just acknowledging this simple fact--that even when we think we don't have a choice, we do--is all it takes to get re-energized. (I need to hear this today.)

Note: The photos above and at right were taken last week in Tahoe at my husband's triennial family reunion. This year over 60 people attended. Pictured at right are Mike's mom (far right) and her five living sisters. I'm near the middle of the top photo. Yes, I really am that short. A five-foot two midget among a family of giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment