Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Bold Thing a Day

A woman named Leah from Cincinnati writes:

I have kept [your] inspirational challenge to "do one bold thing a day" in the back of my mind ever since I read. . . DEFYING GRAVITY. Some days I don't manage something bold. Other days I remember those words and overcome my anxiety to try something new.

I am uncomfortable in crowds, but was able to participate in three, 5-mile walks for charitable organizations in 2006. The largest one had over 4500 participants. Talk about a crowd! But once I started, it was liberating. I'll do five more in 2007.

My boldest thing this year was to learn to ride a motorcycle at age 49 and earn my operator's license. The first ride on a public street was frightening, to say the least. But I enjoy it more each time, despite the fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment